Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dummm Dum Dum Dummm DUMMMMMMMM

Have you ever heard of gestational hypertension??? I hadn't until I got pregnant. It is one step down from preclampsia. Preclampsia is VERY serious!!! Hypertension is typically shown with high blood pressure, protein in the urine and TONS of swelling!!! I had all of those symptoms. I just wanted to show you how swollen I got. (By the way.... so sorry about my toe nails! yikes!!! But have some pity on me. I couldn't reach them)I had to spend hours with feet and legs elevated. I hated it. If you look really carefully at my feet, you can see the marks on my feet from my sandals.

My legs were so tight with fluid. I had to start going more often to the OBGYN that visit was usually followed by a visit to the hospital for obvervation. My doctor said that if I had continual high blood pressure I would need to deliver early. At the earliest I would be induced at 36 weeks. My 36th week was my brothers wedding week. (The only sibiling I would see get married in the temple.) I was bound and determined to see him get married. By some miracle (The nurse who took my blood pressure was someone different. I don't think she did it right. Lucky me! ) I did not have high blood pressure. That meant I wouldn't be induced that week.

I had a very hard pregnacy. I gained over 70 pounds. During the first and second trimesters I was basically right on track for weight gain. (Ok, maybe just a tad over shooting the 30 pounds. But really just a tad.) During the last trimester there were weeks that I gained six pounds!!! It doesn't look like I'm the baby making machine I hoped to be. Oh well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it with pregnancy's in the future. It primarily only strikes with the first pregnancy. Here's to hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment