Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Baby is 4!!!!

months, that is.

She has grown up so fast! I know that she is still quite young but I feel like it was yesterday that she was born. My mom always sang a little song to us growing up. The lyrics went something like "where are you going my little one, little one. Where are you going my baby my own..... turn around and you're a young girl walking out the back door." The song goes through the life of their child and ends with her having babes of her own. I know this might sound weird but whenever my mom would sing it, it would sound kind of eerie--like there was a sadness in her voice that we were growing up. Whenever she would sing it I wanted to stay little for her forever. My mom would never want that though. She has always enjoyed seeing us grow and take on new adventures. But now I understand that song on such a deeper level. I am so excited to watch Hannah grow up but my heart aches a little knowing that I won't be able to hold her as a newborn again. I totally love her.

How can you not? These are the things I love about her being 4 months old.

Her toes are her favorite toy.

She smiles at herself in the mirror

She holds up her legs so I can change her diaper

The wind facinates her

She can go longer than 2 hours to nurse

She sleeps 9 hours straight at night

She wants me to hold her all the time

When we say good night prayers she smiles and laughs at us

She plays with us Things I miss about my newborn:

Snuggle

Sleeps alot

Almost never cried

All that hair

Being 7 lbs. 12 oz

Teeniny little girl

Being so dependent


What I look forward to:

Baking cookies

Putting a ribbon in a little tuff of hair

Taking her to Disney World

Being potty trained

Having a tea party with hats and gloves

Watching her eat her first cupcake

Painting toe nails

Watching her take first steps

and so much more


We're going to have a great life together.

2 comments:

  1. Ok....I'm bawling. that's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn around and your one, turn around and your four, turn around and your a young girl going out of the door. So many times I sang that song with a longing of heart that you were growing up but with a gladness that you too would be able to have children and enjoy them as I enjoyed mine. Grandchildren are wonderful too. You have so much love to give. Hannah is so lucky to have the parents she has. She is precious. I did not take a picture but I have the mental picture of her this morning on the back deck all alone enjoying the music of the morning song birds and playing on her little play mat. Just her in her little diaper. She was so happy and needed no one to talk to her. It reminded me of Rachel as a little girl. We called her our little bird because she could be so happy all by herself. Love you all. Wish I could sign Grandma Jan but it gave me grief when I tried earlier.

    ReplyDelete