Friday, August 5, 2011

Si, Hablo espanol!

Ok, so maybe not.

BUT, maybe in a year I'll be fluent. I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wanted to learn Spanish.

Proof (In case my word wasn't enough):
1.) I was the first kid in my family to learn Spanish high school. (umm.... I mean TAKE Spanish)
2.) When I went on my mission, I hoped and prayed I'd go Spanish speaking. (didn't happen)
3.) When I got my call to Temple Square, it said in the letter that your mission president could change what language you serve in. So I was immediately excited for a little glimmer of hope that the Lord might call me to be a Spanish missionary when I got there. (didn't happen)
4.) When I went to the Tucson mission the door was cracked open again!!! One temple square sister would go with the English speaker companion, the other with the Spanish speaker. (Alas, the Aussie went with the Spanish speaker. I guess that I just MUST have amazing English communication skills)
5.) Took a Spanish class with my mom at the local community college where she fell in love with our teacher from Spain.
6.) Spanish speaker was on my "The qualities of the man I'm going to marry" list.
7.) I'm bummed that Lance or Katie doesn't speak Spanish. Because if one of them did, then all 5 kids could go on a monster vacation to central America and there would be an interpreter for every family. (Matt's family is Robyn. Garrett would be his, Natalie would be hers. Stephen would be ours and Lance would be left out. Poor guy.)
So you might be asking yourself why are you going to learn it this time? How is this time truly different.

Motivation my friends, Motivation and a calling.

Stephen and I were called to be the Spanish sacrament meeting coordinators. (Okay, really I was called as the assistant.)

We are so EXCITED. I'm so excited. So excited!

(I better get a move on. I'm going to need to bear my testimony on Sunday. There was 12 of us last week. So you know what that means!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment