Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Sweet Granddaddy $

If you didn't know my granddaddy Dollar, I'm afraid you missed out. He was quite a man. I'm so thankful to be his granddaughter and that I had a chance to know him in my adult years. He passed away on January 26, 2011. He was 92 years old.
He was a father, grandfather, veteran, postman, painter, gardener and one of the hardest workers I have ever known along with a ton of other titles.
This is a picture with his beautiful wife Jimmie and his 4 children. I just so happen to have some old pictures on my computer. I don't know how they got here. (No doubt my mother was involved. Thanks Mom!)
These are my grandparents with my cousins (like I said random pictures popped up on my computer) We use to go to the beach as a family when we were younger.
***Ask Garrett about a story with my grandmother yelling out the window***
This was after Chad's wedding.
This is after Natalie's wedding. This is one of favorites.

He did have a chance to meet Hannah. It was such a sweet experience for me. He was still aware of what was going on and was looking for her as we were getting her out of her car seat. Then he reached out and held her hand. It was a wonderful experience for me.
I love you Granddaddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment