Sunday, April 8, 2018

Eli's Coming

Both my father and my father-in-law both sang a song when we announced what this little nuggets name was going to be.
Eli's coming by Three Dog Night
Mostly, they just sang this line
"Eli's coming hid your hearts girls!"

Elias Hutchison NeSmith
Weighing in at a healthy 9 lbs 14 oz

He was prodded into the world on December 14th, 2016.
I wish I knew why these pictures have a play symbol on them.
I wish even more how to take it off.

Me and Stephen STRUGGLED with a name.
We had a list and one after another we marked off our least favorite name.
Elias is a family name. It is Stephens great grandfathers name.
For the record he goes by Eli.
Let me say it again Eli.
Eli
In our Relief Society news letter, they had misunderstood Stephen as he joked about "may he have an arm like Manning. (Eli Manning, famous quarterback) In the newsletter, they wrote his name as Elias Hutchison Manning NeSmith. I got pretty tickled about that.

Taking in the view.
Then, deciding he didn't like it.
I remember that Eli was so upset.
He cried for about an hour after his birth.
I am not going to lie, I was getting pretty shaken up.
After all, this was my 4th child, shouldn't I know how to help him?
Am I ready for this?
Answer: No
But, you never are.
A little sweet yawn!

This girl: A little mama!
She loved him so much that when we came home and I was nursing him, she threw up on us both.
Welcome to world little buddy! This wild and crazy family couldn't be more thrilled you're here!
Sweet Christmas baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment