Thursday, March 22, 2018

The New Old House

This is the house we bought.
Since I am writing about this SO much latter (practically a year)
I know how many hardships we have had with it. 
This means that I have lost all the "We bought a fixer upper and we will make this house beautiful. We can do anything!!!! Flowers, rainbows and butterflies, blah, blah (That's me being grossly naive about how this process would go) I am not exaggerating when I say. Just about everything has gone wrong.
So this is our old kitchen. It has been completely gutted. 
 This is part of the original house (There was an extension built in 1978)
We took down the wall paper and ripped up the carpets. I actually liked the wallpaper. Stephen hated it and it was in super rough condition so it left us)
 This is the blue orange bathroom. Why anyone in their right mind would choose that color combination is beyond my comprehension. (Yeah, I'm looking at you too Auburn)
This bathroom was gutted and redone except for the bathtub and closet. 
 This is the den. You can't see this in the picture. But it was closed off to the kitchen. We made a case opening to the kitchen and refinished the floors. 
 The den opened up to the dinning room.
 So bummed I can't find more pictures. But, if you visited us, this is the part you would visit. We also redid the other bathroom in the front of the house. The master bath, built an additional room where a koi pond once was and changed one of the rooms into a laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment