Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tree vs. House

So literally while we (my mom and I) are singing "Happy Birthday" to Sarah,
A tree limb falls on our house.
Not a tiny limb,
A huge massive limb.
(I did not get a good picture just to show how BIG it was.)
 Mom and I heard a loud crash.
My mom hollered and panicked.
(Well if you know my mom it was a reaction of a normal panicked person. For my Mom, it was a normal dramatic "what was that sound?" reaction) I am going to sheepishly admit that I should have reacted with much more concern. I said that it wasn't anything. I blamed it on something I had put in the attic that morning that must have fallen. I needed to take pictures.
Mom thought the fence had fallen down or something like that.
She went outside to check it out and I continued to take pictures of my sweet one year old.
My neighbor must have been outside. He told my Mom that the limb had fallen.
Sure enough, there lay a limb on our house and did a fair amount of damage.
Since Stephen was still out of town, my father-in-law and brother-in-law came over to assess the situation.
 I felt like such a damsel in distress. 
This is the hole in our roof.
It knocked down some exhaust whatever you call-ems as well.
It didn't take long at all for the insurance adjuster to come out so we could get the roof patched.
I am so grateful for good insurance, great in-laws and a mother that was willing to check on something that her daughter was willing to ignore.  
(To those who are worried about the one year olds birthday song being ruined, I will post some pictures of that to ease your worries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment