Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I want to see Cats

We love going to the zoo.
Hannah practically talks about it everyday.
(I should probably just bite the bullet and renew our membership)
I asked her the last time we went what she wanted to see.
She said "CATS!"
So we dedicated this trip to see the cats.
The jaguars, I love them. They always put on a good show for the kids.
Always on the prowl.
My oldest would not pose until I shoved Sarah into a picture.
 Then, with much begging and pleading, Hannah decided she stay still for one shot.
 Like true Hannah style, I have one shot and one shot ONLY.
So, no cougars, no lynx, no cheetah, no lion.
Sarah was on team Mommy though.
Bless her and those dear lions that let me take their picture.
 Ok, here is my get back at my child story.
Ok, it wasn't my get back at my child story.
It's my I'm a bad mother story.
See the peacock just prancing around like he owns the place?
Well, He was super close to us as we rounded the corner.
I thought, I'm going to try and get this bird as close as I can to Hannah to take a picture.
So, I go around to the other entrance. 
(Leaving my children completely defenseless)
And slowly try and get the peacock to walk towards my 2 year old and 8 month old.
(Did I mention I left them defenseless. Mother of the year right here folks!)
I could see the tension start to mount and started clicking wildly.
 Alas, no awesome picture with Hannah and a peacock.
The peacock had enough and flew into the Asian exhibit.
(Where it had a standoff with one animals there. Nothing happened, just a lot of ruffled feathers and circling.)
 Precious moments at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment