Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The tails of Peter Cottontail

So this has been a long time coming. Easter was so much fun for us. We had a blast. But we forgot a thing or two. You know like, the Easter basket thing. Correction, we didn't forget, we just didn't do it. Stephen had a tradition growing up that the Easter baskets were hidden. That's great! I love carrying on traditions for our family. However, between getting ready for church (sorry no pictures of the Easter duds), going to church, lunch, nap time, dinner and Easter dessert with some friends the time never came. Little Hannah Cate never got an opportunity to seek out her basket. (It was on top of the dryer. It has continued to sit there.) I thought I could fool everyone into thinking I was a good parent and take pictures of her finding it another day and pretend it was Easter. Yesterday, I finally cracked and got the coloring book out of the basket so I could try and have some "me" time. (Didn't work. Apparently, magenta, yellow-green and red taste great in crayon form. We'll have to work on coloring another day.) So here are the pictures of the big Easter Egg hunt at church.
Let me just gloat a second. I made her shirt and it's adorable.
Here is a little video. We would practice in the backyard. She has a little basket and a ton of golf balls that she goes around picking up and putting in her basket. She's so cute!


1 comment:

  1. At least you can still forget this year. She's so little. :) I love the shirt you made her.

    ReplyDelete