Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So I awoke to

Stephen saying to me. Sorry to wake you up like this. But, I think I need your help moving furniture. I think we've got a mouse in the house.EKKK!!! We went to the front room where Stephen blocks off the room. Then he lifts the couch on end. (I thought he needed my help. Guess not after all) Stephen goes to the back to try and find some light to look through bookshelf, toy chest and Christmas tree. While he's gone, I hear it. Not only once but twice!!! I quickly leap up on top of a chair with Hannah in my arms looking intently at the floor for any sign of movement. Then I remember that I'm ***somewhat*** of a shrieker and could very well lose my grip of my dearly beloved little girl. So I got down from the chair. Stephen thought it would be best for him to hunt without me and the little girl making so much noise. (oh well for helping) He comes back a few minutes later and says. I think it's inside the tree stand. So we quickly devise a plan to put Hannah in her room with juice, snack and every toy she owns while we take down the tree. Poor Hannah cried every moment we were gone. But we got that tree down in 5 minutes.
Including lights ornaments and angel. No mouse. We still hear it. Stephen needed to get ready for work so he hit the showers. I still hear it and start to think, it sure sounds like a dying animal and it almost sounds like it's coming from outside. Then I convinced myself that there was some poor injured animal right outside our window. I raised the blinds and peek out the window to see if I see anything there. I don't see anything and then all of sudden, right above me there was a squeak. I about jumped out of my skin. I went to go feed Hannah. Stephen came out and said the he had an idea. He thought maybe it's coming from outside. I had been thinking the same thing already so he went outside to check if there was an animal. I started to think then to that maybe it was the suction cup that held up our wreath outside.


Sure enough, it was the combination of heavy winds and a squeaky hook. The good news is that the Christmas tree is put up.

2 comments:

  1. I just about died laughing so hard...oh that is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. I could just imagine it. Of course Jeni had a real mouse a couple of mths ago I think. Not had any since living on Cliff's parents Chicken Farm. Yep that is what I said. On Kilee's birth certificate her father is a poultry farmer, not a student, not a future doctor, but a poultry farmer. Haha

    ReplyDelete